Key Information Documents
On 1 January 2018, the Regulation for Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products (PRIIPs) came into force which requires insurance firms, advisors and intermediaries to provide a Key Information Document (KID) during a pre-contractual sale of a PRIIP. The aim of KIDs is to increase the transparency, comparability and understanding of investment products across all EU markets through the issue of a standardised short and consumer-friendly disclosure document. The Regulation requires the PRIIP manufacturer to create a KID for each product and to make them available on their website.
There are many complexities involved with the production of KIDs, especially surrounding the calculations for the Summary Risk Indicator (market risk and credit risk assessment) and the Performance Scenarios. We are experts at understanding all the complexities and parts of the KID to ensure compliance with the Regulation, and can advise on a solution that is both proportionate and cost-effective for your business.
We provide a comprehensive range of services for the production and maintenance of your KIDs. So, from supporting you with a new product launch to negating expensive review cycles, we are here to help.
- Advisory Service - Mapping the Regulation to your PRIIPs and advice on the specific requirements for your KIDs.
- Calculation Service - Providing you with the calculations for your KIDs, such as Summary Risk Indicators and Performance Scenarios.
- Full Production Service - Outsource the production of your KIDs.
- Compliance Audit Service - A review of your KIDs to ensure they meet the requirements in the Regulation and the expectations of the FCA.
- Monitoring Service - A system that actively monitors for any underlying changes in market conditions which will have an impact on the Summary Risk Indicator and Performance Scenarios, therefore, only identifying a review of KIDs when necessary.
We currently do not offer a service to investment managers for the production of Key Investor Information Documents (KIIDs).
What our clients say
"We have been using Mo.net for several years and remain impressed with its speed and flexibility. The versatility of the software allows us to use the same model for a variety of purposes. The support provided by the team at OAC has been highly valued. They are quick to respond to any queries with clear responses that are straightforward to implement. They are highly approachable and receptive to feedback."