Expert witness services
Sometimes in the financial services industry, disputes arise. Led by a team of experts, our expert witness service can offer the actuarial, governance, risk and compliance support and advice you might need to resolve any conflict.
Our expert witness services cover a wide range of areas including Employment Law, Family Law, Personal and Commercial Litigation, as well as disciplinary proceedings and matters relating to Financial Services Regulation. We can help by providing:
- Experts in the identification of an appropriate approach to, and the calculation of, financial loss and redress or compensation.
- Trusted experience of providing clear, impartial analysis orally, in written reports, or delivering evidence in court or before a tribunal.
Governance, Risk and Compliance are fields where subjective judgement often plays a larger part than more objective and quantifiable measures.
Due to its involvement in many firms, often at Board level, OAC has the capability to act as expert witness in these fields, drawing upon its experience of what successful approaches to governance, risk and compliance look like.
OAC is able to advise on the suitability of investment advice e.g. pensions, life assurance and mortgages.
- Compensation for unsuitable investment advice.
- All areas of pensions and endowment mortgage mis-selling.
- Pensions aspects of personal injury claims.
- Pensions and divorce.
- Calculating the value of future pension benefits on loss of office.
- Life interest valuations.
- All types of actuarial calculation.
What our clients say
"OAC provide a great combination of practical, deep experience with a sensible and pragmatic approach appropriate for our business."