Amazing opportunities at OAC
Ensuring our clients receive a high quality and personal service at all times is of paramount importance to OAC. Continued growth in the demand for our actuarial services means we have the following exciting opportunities to our join our consulting team.
Redress Team – Pensions Administration Coordinator
OAC has an exciting opportunity for an administrative assistant to join a team of pension professionals in our Pension Redress Team. The position will be suited to someone keen to immerse themselves into a multi-faceted role.
Job type: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week - although part time upwards of 30 hours per week would be considered
Scope of Role
This role will be working alongside and supporting a team of pension and investment remediation experts and would ideally be suited to someone with an understanding of pension and investment products. Overall the role will be to support the team with accurate and timely administration.
The role will be home-based.
- A broad understanding of the UK regulatory environment for pensions.
- Some experience in working in the pensions industry (defined benefit or defined contribution) is desirable.
- Experience of providing administrative support in a busy office environment.
- Experience of interacting with clients and other stakeholders in a professional manner through a variety of written and verbal formats, including telephone, email and in person.
- Experience of preparing meeting papers and taking minutes.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, completing tasks fully, accurately and on time.
- Ability to deal with confidential information or situations in an appropriate and sensitive manner.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to handle a busy, varied workload, and to cope with interruptions and changes, prioritising urgent tasks where appropriate.
- IT skills including: Word, Excel, Databases, Email and Web.
- Have the ability to be resourceful and able to research, gather and distribute information as necessary.
- Willingness to help and support colleagues, thinking beyond the task being given.
- Strong communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- Processing case files on receipt from clients.
- Analysing case files to identity data requirements.
- Liaising with investors, clients or third parties to obtain data.
- Preparing data for calculations.
- Using in house software to carry out simple redress calculations.
- Preparing and proof-reading reports for clients.
- Client liaison including minute taking.
- Managing internal workflow.
- Maintaining internal knowledge sharing systems.
- To strive for excellence, best practice and high-quality delivery across the workstreams in OAC.
- To be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
- To comply with all OAC’s internal policies insofar as they relate to client engagement.
- Ensure that all work complies with regulatory and professional requirements.
- To freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas relevant to the running of an efficient and growing business.
- To help OAC in meeting the required standards set out in the IFoA’s Quality Assurance Standard.
- Manage workload to agreed deadlines and standards of service.
- Liaise effectively with and report to the Practice Leader and project leaders as appropriate.
- Promote the services of OAC and carry out administrative and marketing duties incidental to your job.
- To not breach legal and regulatory requirements placed on OAC.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Behave in line with the core VALUES of OAC: Honesty, Inclusive, High Performing and to be Committed to Quality.
Our staff are our greatest asset and retaining them our highest priority. Through our innovative and flexible ways of working, we offer our staff a reward package that goes beyond the norm.
In addition to a competitive salary, bonus scheme, a group personal pension plan, life assurance, a generous holiday allowance and support for continued professional development, OAC offers the opportunity to achieve the work-life balance you have always wanted.
OAC can offer the opportunity of a challenging role in a forward thinking consultancy while also allowing you to enjoy the benefit of cutting down on time spent travelling resulting in more time with your family, hobbies and interests.
We provide a comprehensive training package from day one. Our introductory training at your home base will enable you to communicate and work effectively with the OAC team from your very first day.
Subsequent training is very much geared to individual needs and includes mentoring, on the job training and access to a pool of experience and knowledge.
There will also be opportunities to attend internal and external training courses as well as conferences, seminars and workshops, as part of your profession's Continued Professional Development.
The skills, knowledge and capabilities of our staff are absolutely essential to the success of OAC and we recognise that learning and development does not stop whatever stage your career is at.
We expect you to take control of your own career, but we also believe in making sure that you have the opportunity to discuss your performance, progress, interests and desires every six months to ensure that personal development continues throughout your career at OAC.