Amazing opportunities at OAC
Ensuring our clients receive a high quality and personal service at all times is of paramount importance to OAC. Continued growth in the demand for our actuarial services means we have the following exciting opportunities to our join our consulting team.
Pensions Redress Consultant
Demand for services from our Pension Redress business area is continuously increasing. We are now looking to recruit a proactive team member with broad technical experience in the pensions arena and with knowledge of other regulated products to join our extremely busy team.
Location: Employed to work from a home base in the UK
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time - 40 hours per week
Purpose of the Role
Working as part of the Pension Redress Calculations Team to deliver OAC's extensive portfolio of services and solutions for Complaint Handling, Redress Calculation, Remedial Projects and Sales and Business Reviews.
- Experience and knowledge of the Pensions Industry including Defined Benefits Schemes, Money Purchase Schemes, Personal Pension and FSAVC products and ideally of other personal investment related products
- An understanding of UK financial industry regulation and the Financial Conduct Authority's Dispute Resolution requirements
- Knowledge of the Financial Ombudsman Service Regulations and guidelines
- Basic to intermediate use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ideally with a PMI or CII qualification
- To handle individual complaint type case work from initial review, data gathering, redress calculation through to settlement as agreed with the client
- Deal with particularly complex calculations to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes
- Produce detailed case reports and client progress schedules as required
- Liaise effectively with clients, investors and third parties
- Manage client relationships and expectations and project deliveries
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Enthusiasm to continuously enhance best working practices
- Good communicator and sharer of knowledge both orally and written
- Have a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
Our staff are our greatest asset and retaining them our highest priority. Through our innovative and flexible ways of working, we offer our staff a reward package that goes beyond the norm.
In addition to a competitive salary, bonus scheme, a group personal pension plan, life assurance, a generous holiday allowance and support for continued professional development, OAC offers the opportunity to achieve the work-life balance you have always wanted.
OAC can offer the opportunity of a challenging role in a forward thinking consultancy while also allowing you to enjoy the benefit of cutting down on time spent travelling resulting in more time with your family, hobbies and interests.
We provide a comprehensive training package from day one. Our introductory training at your home base will enable you to communicate and work effectively with the OAC team from your very first day.
Subsequent training is very much geared to individual needs and includes mentoring, on the job training and access to a pool of experience and knowledge.
There will also be opportunities to attend internal and external training courses as well as conferences, seminars and workshops, as part of your profession's Continued Professional Development.
The skills, knowledge and capabilities of our staff are absolutely essential to the success of OAC and we recognise that learning and development does not stop whatever stage your career is at.
We expect you to take control of your own career, but we also believe in making sure that you have the opportunity to discuss your performance, progress, interests and desires every six months to ensure that personal development continues throughout your career at OAC.