Amazing opportunities at OAC
Ensuring our clients receive a high quality and personal service at all times is of paramount importance to OAC. Continued growth in the demand for our actuarial services means we have the following exciting opportunities to our join our consulting team.
Job Title: Consultant Actuary (General Insurance)
This job description sets out the scope of the role of Consultant Actuary at OAC, together with the
main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. It does not include or define all tasks
which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without
changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be
required to carry out any other duties as required and which might be suitable.
Reporting to: Head of Actuarial
Scope of Role
The role will include a wide variety of actuarial assignments across the OAC business
within the General Insurance market place.
- Providing support to the Chief Actuary or Reviewing Actuary and second line support with
- Providing support for all year end valuation and Solvency ll work for external clients
- The work will include (but is not limited to):
- Data validation
- Reserve and Capital modelling using Excel and other modelling tools as appropriate
- Claims reserving calculations
- Solvency II calculations
- Solvency II regulatory annual and quarterly returns
- Audit review and queries
- Experience analyses
- Setting methods and assumptions
- ORSA preparation including stress and scenario testing
- Business planning
- Pricing work
- Attending client meetings as necessary
- Assessment of client investments and liaison with asset managers
- Contribute to the technical development of the general insurance practice area
- Providing support for adhoc actuarial work across business areas
- Providing input and support for tenders and client presentations as appropriate
- Complying with the actuarial standards and guidance
- To strive for excellence, best practice and high-quality delivery across the workstreams in OAC
- To comply with all OAC’s internal policies insofar as they relate to client engagement
- Ensure that all work complies with regulatory and professional requirements
- To freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas relevant to the running of an efficient and growing business
- To help OAC in meeting the required standards set out in the IFoA’s Quality Assurance Standard
- Be prepared to travel to clients in the UK to support presentations, project work and training
- Manage workload to agreed deadlines and standards of service
- Liaise effectively with and report to Head of Business, Practice Leaders and project leaders as appropriate
- To ensure your knowledge of Solvency ll, actuarial and financial modelling practices are kept up to date and relevant
- Promote the services of OAC and carry out administrative and marketing duties incidental to your job
- To report any "new business" opportunities of which you are aware to OAC
- To not breach legal and regulatory requirements placed on OAC
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Ensure you maintain your CPD in accordance with the IFoA’s requirements
- Behave in line with the core values of OAC: Honesty, Inclusive, High Performing and to be Committed to Quality
Our staff are our greatest asset and retaining them our highest priority. Through our innovative and flexible ways of working, we offer our staff a reward package that goes beyond the norm.
In addition to a competitive salary, bonus scheme, a group personal pension plan, life assurance, a health cash and rewards plan for you and your family, a generous holiday allowance and support for continued professional development, OAC offers the opportunity to achieve the work-life balance you have always wanted.
OAC can offer the opportunity of a challenging role in a forward thinking consultancy while also allowing you to enjoy the benefit of cutting down on time spent travelling resulting in more time with your family, hobbies and interests.
We provide a comprehensive training package from day one. Our introductory training at your home base will enable you to communicate and work effectively with the OAC team from your very first day.
Subsequent training is very much geared to individual needs and includes mentoring, on the job training and access to a pool of experience and knowledge.
There will also be opportunities to attend internal and external training courses as well as conferences, seminars and workshops, as part of your profession's Continued Professional Development.
The skills, knowledge and capabilities of our staff are absolutely essential to the success of OAC and we recognise that learning and development does not stop whatever stage your career is at.
We expect you to take control of your own career, but we also believe in making sure that you have the opportunity to discuss your performance, progress, interests and desires every six months to ensure that personal development continues throughout your career at OAC.