Amazing opportunities at OAC
Ensuring our clients receive a high quality and personal service at all times is of paramount importance to OAC. Continued growth in the demand for our actuarial services means we have the following exciting opportunities to our join our consulting team.
Job Title: Consultant Actuary
Reporting to: Head of Insurance Consulting
Scope of Role
The role will include a wide variety of actuarial assignments across the OAC business within the Life Insurance marketplace.
- Providing support to the Chief Actuary, appropriate Actuary or Reviewing Actuary
- Providing support for all work for external clients
- The work will include (but is not limited to):
- Data validation
- Solvency II calculations and modelling using Excel and net
- Solvency II regulatory annual and quarterly returns
- Audit review and enquiries
- Experience analyses
- Setting methods and assumptions
- Stress and scenario testing
- Business planning
- Attending client meetings
- Pricing work
- Assessment of client investments and liaison with asset managers
- Providing support for adhoc actuarial work across business areas
- Providing input and support for tenders and client presentations as appropriate
- Complying with the actuarial standards and guidance
- Work with the modelling team for client Mo.net modelling
- Production of data summary reports
- Checking input and output data from actuarial insurance models
- Application of data-skills to solve problems and analyse other data within the organisation
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Actuary
- Good communication and self-organisation are essential as is a positive and engaged attitude
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to organise, analyse, and present data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excel and coding experience (eg VBA/Python/R) is essential. Further learning will be supported by the company as required
- Knowledge of Prophet, Moses, DCS and Power BI beneficial
- To strive for excellence, best practice and high-quality delivery across the workstreams in OAC
- Ensure that work complies with OAC’s internal policies and meets regulatory and professional requirements
- To help OAC in meeting the required standards set out in the IFoA’s Quality Assurance Standard
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills and maintain your CPD in accordance with the IFoA’s requirements
- To freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas relevant to the running of an efficient and growing business
- Be prepared to travel to clients in the UK to support presentations, project work and training
- Manage workload to agreed deadlines and standards of service
- Liaise effectively with and report to the Head of Insurance Consulting and project leaders as appropriate
- Promote the services of OAC and carry out administrative and marketing duties incidental to your job
- To report any "new business" opportunities of which you are aware to OAC
- Behave in line with the core values of OAC: Honesty, Inclusive, High Performing and to be Committed to Quality.
Hours – there is flexibility on hours but upwards of 22.5 hours per week.
Location: Your home.
Our staff are our greatest asset and retaining them our highest priority. Through our innovative and flexible ways of working, we offer our staff a reward package that goes beyond the norm.
In addition to a competitive salary, we have a discretionary bonus scheme, a group personal pension plan, life assurance, health cash plan, support for continued professional development, payment of professional fees and a generous holiday allowance. We continually look for ways to enhance our Total Rewards package to attract and retain our people and to ensure that we offer not just rewarding work, but are invested in their growth and career development and the wider communities we live in with our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. We care for our people and wellbeing is important to us and our flexible working practices and Employee Assistance benefits also reflect that we do all we can to ensure that our people are able to reach their true potential.
OAC can offer the opportunity of a challenging role in a forward-thinking consultancy while also allowing you to enjoy the benefit of cutting down on time spent travelling resulting in more time with your family, hobbies and interests. Working at OAC offers the opportunity to achieve the work-life balance you have always wanted.
We provide a comprehensive training package from day one. Our introductory training at your home base will enable you to communicate and work effectively with the OAC team from your very first day.
Subsequent training is very much geared to individual needs and includes mentoring, on the job training and access to a pool of experience and knowledge.
There will also be opportunities to attend internal and external training courses as well as conferences, seminars and workshops, as part of your profession's Continued Professional Development.
The skills, knowledge and capabilities of our staff are absolutely essential to the success of OAC and we recognise that learning and development does not stop whatever stage your career is at.
We expect you to take control of your own career, but we also believe in making sure that you have the opportunity to discuss your performance, progress, interests and desires every six months to ensure that personal development continues throughout your career at OAC.